2021-2022 Welcome to PTO
ACES PTO 21-22
With the new school year just around the corner, PTO would like to thank last year’s supporters & welcome new & returning ACES families to the ‘21-‘22 school year! We would also like to introduce this year’s executive committee:
Sarah Arnold – Vice President
Metchel Rosmolen- Secretary
Heidi Brandt - Treasurer
We appreciate & thank our previous President, Cori Salmon & our previous Vice President,
Lyndsey Bailey for all of their hard work & dedication during their terms.
- PTO helped ACES celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week by providing and/or delivering different treats each day, such as donuts, cookies, small gifts, the students’ personalized notes to the teachers, and Sonic drinks on Friday.
- PTO donated $50 for the 8th grade graduation decorations in May.
- During Field Day PTO funded the bounce houses as well as the ice cream treats for the students. PTO also gave each student a wristband and ACES headband.
- PTO provided the Staff an end of the school lunch on May 6th catered by Gina’s Cafe.
- Each year the PTO presents a $500 scholarship to a senior who graduated 8th grade at ACES & still lives in the school district. This year’s scholarship was presented to St. Joseph Christian senior Jozlin Bennett.
- PTO donated $250 towards various supplies for this year's Garden Club.
- PTO donated $250 towards the Summer Reading Club to have Will Stuck facilitate a session.
Though our events were canceled during the 2020-21 school year, we appreciate everyone’s support. We are looking forward to getting back to normal with our events. Starting with our first meeting in September when we typically host an Ice Cream Social. At this time we do not have an exact date for the meeting but will be sending further details about the meeting soon.
Last year we did change our meeting schedule around and because of the circumstances we had to go to zoom meetings. Starting in September, our goal is to be back to in person meetings. However, we will continue with only having four meetings per the school year. A calendar of events will be available on or before our first PTO meeting.
If you are a parent, guardian, or grandparent of an ACES student; or an ACES teacher or staff member, we would like to extend an invitation to you to join our PTO as a member. With your help we will strive toward the main goal of giving our kids the most accomplished, exciting, & memorable educational experience possible.
To sign-up & learn more about what PTO is & does, please watch for the sign-up sheet on our Facebook page (search for “Avenue City Elementary - PTO”) & in your back to school registration paperwork. Please contact an executive officer or e-mail email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to a great year!